Do you know how to change the name of your Twitch channel? Here is the most up-to-date tech advice for changing your Twitch username quickly.
We, like many other social media accounts, often pick a username impulsively. You might find out later that it’s not the name you wanted at all. It’s also conceivable that your present brand doesn’t correspond to the name you want. You don’t need to establish a new account to receive a new name for whatever reason.
We’ll show you how to change Twitch name in all versions of the app in this article.
How to Change Twitch Name by Using a Browser (Chrome, Firefox)?
Instead of downloading a separate application, you can use a browser to access Twitch. The advantage of using the browser-based version is that it is platform-independent. It doesn’t matter what gadget you use to access the Internet as long as you’re connected to it. Follow these procedures to alter your Twitch name from your browser:
- Open the Twitch website in your browser. You can also use the address bar to write https://www.twitch.tv.
- The browser will default to the mobile version of the website if you are using a mobile device. In the mobile version of the Twitch browser, you can’t alter your username. Click the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the screen to return to desktop mode.
- Select “Desktop site” from the menu that displays, then return to the home page and follow the steps below.
- Your profile symbol can be tapped or touched. It should be in the screen’s upper right corner.
- In the drop-down selection that opens, select or Settings.
- Select “Profile” from the “Settings” menu. This should be found at the top of the menu under the “Options” tab.
- Scroll down to the section under “Profile Settings.” To the right of your username, tap or press the “Edit” button. An icon in the shape of a pencil will be used.
- You’ll be prompted to create a new user name in a new window. After you’ve entered it, click or press the Update button.
- You’ll be asked to enter your password. After that, press or click the Confirm button.
- You should now see your new user name and be able to close this window. The name change will be communicated to you via email.
Please note that in order to change Twitch name, your account must have a valid email address. Before proceeding with the name change, Twitch will ask you to verify your email address if your account does not already have one.
How to Change Twitch Name on a Windows, Mac, or Chromebook PC?
Changing your username in a desktop program is similar to changing it in a web browser, and only takes a few clicks. Follow these procedures to update your Twitch username on your computer:
- Open the Twitch desktop application on your computer.
- Make sure you’re logged in to your account.
- In the application window, click on your profile symbol. It should be in the screen’s upper right corner.
- In the drop-down option, select Configuration.
- Look for “Profile” in the tabs of the “Settings” menu. Select it by clicking on it.
- Scroll down to the Profile Settings section. To edit your username, click the edit icon to the right of your username.
- The methods for the web browser version are similar to those for the desktop version. Click Update after entering the desired new user name. Send a confirmation mail after that.
- The Twitch icon in the upper left corner of the screen will take you back to the home screen.
To finalize the name change, you’ll need a validated email address, much like the web version. You will also be required to enter a code that will be delivered to your phone if two-factor authentication is enabled.
How to Change Twitch Name on an Android Mobile Device?
The Twitch mobile app allows you to edit any of your profile settings, however, it does not allow you to change Twitch username. To get to the Twitch website, you’ll need to utilize the desktop app or the web browser on your phone. For the browser or desktop version, follow the steps outlined above.
How to Change Twitch Name on an iPhone?
There will be no option to change Twitch name on the iPhone app, just like on Android. You can use your computer or the web browser on your phone to access Twitch. Follow the steps at the top of the desktop app or web version to change Twitch name.
How to Change Twitch Username on the iPad?
Except for the viewing settings, there is no difference between the iPhone and iPad versions of the Twitch mobile app. The mobile app does not allow you to change your username. As a result, utilize your mobile browser or the Twitch desktop app to access the Twitch website. For the online app or desktop app, follow the steps outlined above.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
When it comes to Twitch’s name change, these are some of the most often asked questions.
How long does it take to update a Twitch username after a change?
Changes to Twitch names are immediately updated. As soon as you move away from the window after tapping or clicking the “Update” button in the final phase of the name change process, your username will change.
How to change the color of the Twitch username?
In Twitch chat, you can change the color of your name to make your messages stand out. You can alter it in the desktop app or in the web browser of the desktop app. If you’re using the Twitch mobile app, you’ll need to use your device’s or computer’s web browser. Follow these steps to change the color of your name.
Blue, Green, Red, Dodger Blue, VioletBlue, Coral, YellowGreen, SpringGreen, SeaGreen, OrangeRed, HotPink, GoldRed, FireBrick, and Chocolate are available to non-Twitch Turbo users. You can use any hex color value if you use Twitch Turbo.
How many times you can change Twitch username?
Once every 60 days, you can change your username. However, changing your name would instantly change the URL of your Twitch page, thus it is not suggested. Your old URL will not be forwarded to the new one automatically. As a result, you should notify your existing subscribers or give a redirect link yourself.
Can other people use my old username?
Twitch will preserve unused names for around six months from the pool of available names. Anyone who wishes to use that name after six months is free to do so. Twitch does not promote the availability of obsolete usernames. So you’ll either have to be lucky and guess your prior name at random or specifically inquire about its availability.
Also, locked names are removed from the pool of available names permanently. They will not be reused or passed on to others.
Can I go back to my old name after the name change?
Yes, technically, but not right away. There is no procedure in place that allows someone who has changed their name to go back to their previous name. You must wait 60 days or six months after the last name change for a certain name to become available in the name pool again.
You can return your old name if the name is still available after six months and you have not changed your name in the previous 60 days. Because this is a time-consuming procedure, it is wise to consider it again before proceeding.
I am using a third-party application and bots with the old username, can the switch prevent them from working?
It depends on the situation. Twitch has no influence over third-party application development. As a result, you’ll need to ask them if they agree to the name change. This information is usually available on a developer’s profile page. If you can’t find this information, try asking for clarification in the forums.
Can a name change shorten my suspension period?
No. The account, not the name, is used in the Twitch ban counter. You will not be able to prevent the ban no matter how many times you change your account name. If you’ve been permanently banned, you’ll have to wait for the ban to expire or establish a new account.
A straightforward procedure
Knowing how to change witch name is incredibly useful whether you are attempting to establish your brand or simply want a fresh moniker. Actually, if you understand all of the procedures, the process is fairly straightforward. However, keep in mind that old names cannot be restored and that each change takes a long time. Consider each name change carefully, or you may have to wait a long time to correct your error.
Have you ever had to change Twitch name? Are there any other options for changing your Twitch username? Let us know what you think in the comments area below.
Apart from this, you can read more Entertainment and Tech articles here: Masteranime, Pubfilm, Yesbackpage, how to change Kik username, Reach vs Impressions, how to delete apps on Apple Watch, Family Man season 2, Happy Season 3, Netflix download limit, how to share Netflix account, MP3Clan, F95Zone, Fallout 4 Anti Crash, Share Netflix Account, how to delete PayPal account.