Are you interested to know – how to send gifs on Snapchat? Snapchat is one of the most popular messaging apps, with a daily active user base of over 249 million people. The app has always faced stiff competition from Instagram, which has even blatantly copied its features.
However, Instagram won the race to introduce GIF stickers in its Stories. Less than a month after the update, Snapchat followed suit and now allows GIF stickers in photos and posts.
In this article, we’ll look at how to send GIFs on Snapchat.
How to send GIFs on Snapchat?
Using GIFs in images is actually quite simple.
- Launch Snapchat and take a snap as you normally would.
- Click on the sticker icon on the right side.
- Search for the type of GIF sticker you want.
- Touch the sticker to place it on the bumper. You can drag or pinch it to resize it to your liking.
You can use several stickers in one shot. If you want to delete one, just drag it to the trash can icon.
Sending GIFs on Snapchat messages
This method is slightly different than using GIFs in your snaps. If you are using iOS, you will need to install the Giphy keyboard on your phone. For Android, you need the Gboard app on your phone.
If you haven’t downloaded Gboard yet, find out how to do it here.
Note that on most Android phones, the Gboard keyboard is automatically installed by default. If your phone manufacturer has installed a skin and included its own keyboard, you have to follow these steps.
- Go to the Play Store and download the Gboard app.
- Next, go to Settings > System > Languages & Input and tap Virtual Keyboard.
- Make sure that Gboard is set as the default keyboard.
You can also open the Gboard app after installation and it will guide you through the process. Give it all the permissions it needs and you’re done. Learn how to send GIFs on Snapchat messages here.
- Go to the chat room of the person you want to send the GIF to and click on the text bar to open the keyboard.
- Click on the GIF button.
- You will see many GIFS. Find the one you want and click on it to send it.
First, install the Giphy app on your iPhone and follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings and click on General.
- Now find the keyboard setting and click on it to view the keyboard settings.
- Click on Keyboards to see all available keyboards.
- Click on the Add a new keyboard option.
- You can find the Giphy keyboard in the “Third-party keyboards” section.
- Once you have added a keyboard, it will appear in the list of active keyboards. Click on it to open more settings.
- Activate the Allow full access switch.
To your friends, How to send GIFs on Snapchat?
Launch Snapchat and go to the chat room of the friend you want to send the GIF to.
- Press and hold the globe icon to the left of the space bar to see the available keyboards. Select Giphy from the list.
- Find the GIF you want and click on it to copy it.
- Then just paste the GIF back into the text line and click the “Send” button.