With over 356 million subscribers in 178 nations, Spotify is one of the world’s most popular audio streaming platforms. So, if you’re thinking of starting a podcast or have one now, you should get it on Spotify to reach millions of people worldwide and build your following. Uploading podcasts to streaming platforms like Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, SoundCloud, and Gaana, on the other hand, is not the same as publishing videos on YouTube.
Spotify does not host podcasts, therefore you cannot simply upload them to the app. You must upload your podcast to a hosting platform that will allow you to distribute it to Spotify and other listening services. The hosting platform serves as a headquarters for your podcasts. It includes tools for recording, editing, saving, and submitting your podcast to Spotify.
You must create podcast artwork, upload your first episode, then publish your podcast on a platform. Your hosting platform will then automatically upload future episodes to Spotify and other listening services.
Choosing a hosting platform
There are numerous hosting platforms to choose from, but not all of them deliver directly to Spotify. So, before deciding on a hosting platform, you should look at the list of listening platforms it supports and read over all of the capabilities it offers.
Anchor, Buzzsprout, Podbean, Simplecast, and Acast are among our top picks. All of these podcast hosting options are excellent for beginners and allow you to instantly post your podcast to Spotify. Let us now look at Anchor.
Upload podcast on Spotify using Anchor
- Install the Anchor app on your smartphone or go to www.anchor.fm.
- Create an account and publish your first podcast episode.
- Add a title, a description, and your Channel art.
- When you’re finished, click Publish Now. You must now type your Podcast’s name and a description of what it is about. Fill out all of the details, and then click Publish my podcast.
- The distribution status can then be checked the next day. And, after your podcast is authorized, it will be visible on Spotify and other supported platforms within a few hours or a day.
- When you upload a new episode to your hosting site, it will now be available on Spotify in 10 minutes.
If you have chosen a hosting platform that does not immediately distribute podcasts to Spotify, you will need to perform an additional step after uploading your podcast to your hosting platform in order to receive your podcast on Spotify.
- Copy the RSS feed link from your hosting platform.
- Go to https://podcasters.spotify.com/ to get started.
- Create an account, then go to the three dots in the upper left corner and select Add or claim your podcast > Get started.
- Now, paste the RSS feed link you copied from your hosting provider and press the Next button.
- To validate your identification, Spotify will send a verification code to your email address. Enter the OTP, then fill out the details such as category, language, and country before tapping Next.
- It’s now time to publish your podcast to Spotify. In a day or two, your podcast will be accessible to listen to on Spotify.