Virtual numbers are a great way to receive text messages without having to share your personal number.
You can use virtual phone number for SMS verification, for business purposes and to create an account without having to provide a phone number. They are also useful for receiving notifications from services that require you to verify your identity via SMS before using them.
Advantages of virtual numbers over SIM-card
There are many advantages of using virtual numbers over physical phone number and SIM-cards:
- The most important is that they allow you to keep your personal information private. This can be especially important if you’re looking for a new job or want to sign up for an online dating site but don’t want other people knowing where you live or what other numbers belong to someone else.
- It also helps avoid spam calls or texts from companies or organizations trying to sell things like insurance or products/services that may not be right for everyone’s needs at this time in their life or financial situation (i.e., credit card offers).
- It’s a savings for your money. Buying a virtual number will cost you tens of times less than buying a new SIM card. A virtual number service can help you significantly reduce your costs.
How do virtual numbers work?
Virtual numbers are similar to regular phone numbers, except they don’t have a physical connection to any specific location. They can be used with any type of device—whether it’s a landline or a mobile phone, tablet, or computer—and you can access them from anywhere in the world.
Virtual numbers allow you to:
- Receive SMS in any country around the world, including countries with poor internet connectivity or limited access to the internet/phone lines
- Receive messages on any device that has an internet connection, no matter where you are in the world
- Use your virtual number as if it were a real number, including setting up an accounts at places like Google, WhatsApp, Telegram, Tinder, Amazon, Instagram, Discord and others.
How to get a virtual number for SMS verification
- First, you need to sign up with SMS-man. This is very simple and you can do it in less than 5 minutes. Go to sms-man.com website, click on “Sign up”, and then follow the instructions from there. You will need only e-mail account to sign up for SMS-man.
- Once you are signed up at sms-man.com, go back to the main page and click on “Payment” tab in the top menu to recharge your balance.
- Then choose one of the countries and service on the main page. You can choose between 356 different countries of mobile operators and 1000 different services to receive SMS online, like Telegram, eBay, Amazon, Discord etc.
- Сlick on the “Buy” button next to the desired service and start receiving your text!