The world is in the middle of a technological era that appears to be never-ending. Every day innovative technology comes out onto the market that has been created to help companies conduct business and help consumers get through the process quickly. This technology makes every aspect of the insurance process simple and fast, without having to wait for an agent to figure things out on their end.
There is so much going on in the insurance world that it is tough to keep up, even for those working in the industry. Let’s break some of this information up and see the top 5 technological advancements in health insurance so maybe you can better understand what helps where and why it is important.
- Wearable Technology – Everyone has heard about the Fitbit wearable device that can monitor your steps, heart rates, and more. They are not the only ones in the business of making these devices. Consumers are beginning to rely on them more and more, so as the technology becomes more advanced, the people using them can get their own vitals and then go in if something is off. In the near future, these devices will be hooked to platforms that your medical provider can access, which will save time and money.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) And Artificial Intelligence (AI) – One of the best things that could have ever happened to the health insurance industry is the invention of RPA and AI. They connect platforms and websites directly to the consumers, and almost everything can be completed without waiting for a live agent. If you want to chat, there are chatbots available, and if you want to get the cheapest rates, you can compare health insurance with iSelect, all through the use of RPA and AI.
- Use Of Blockchain – The use of blockchain is not new to the world, but it began as a way for companies to offer the ability to buy and sell using cryptocurrency. You have definitely heard about that, but for this article, it is required to move ahead of that a few years after when AI began being used in the health insurance sector. All the information collected is kept in a block of data. When that block is full, it will connect to another block. It makes it possible for everyone on that platform to view the information uploaded to it.
- Predictive Analytics – Trends and customer demand changes all the time, which a health insurance provider must get in front of if they want to have any paying customers. Programs are installed on the platforms that can predict their customers’ direction, allowing them to continue offering what the people want when they want it.
- Social Media – One of the most significant marketing opportunities companies have found is through social media. But for the health insurance industry, that is not all that social media can do. It is a great way to learn what consumers want, and the insurance company can connect with them any time of day or night. That is where the chatbots come in because they are always available to answer questions.
These five innovative technologies are changing the face of the health insurance industry, creating a better way for everyone involved to stay connected. It also speeds things up when an emergency arises because the information will be accessible by everyone on the system, which is one day hoped to be everyone. For now, the tech will continue to be used in the best ways possible. When the future finally rings in, the health profession and the health insurance companies will be closer than ever to having a connected platform that takes health care insurance to the next level.