After months of reports, Threads was finally seen on July 6. The internet went crazy. People started asking, “What is this? How does it work? Is it a copy of Twitter?” on their networks. You’ve come to the right place if you’re interested in learning more about the new app, like me and the rest of the techies out there.
Next, we clear up all your questions about Threads, the app that Mark Zuckerberg uses to argue with Elon Musk and try to take over Twitter. Is that even possible?
What does Threads mean?
Threads comes from an English word that means the same thing in Spanish as it does in English. People think this is a hint at what the social network plans to do, and maybe it’s a nod to the already-popular Twitter lines.
What is Threads?
Mark Zuckerberg introduced Threads on Wednesday. On his new account, he wrote, “I think there should be a public conversation app with more than a billion people. Twitter could have done that, but they haven’t. I hope so,” which starts a discussion about what Threads is really about.
Threads is a new app made by Meta. Its main purpose is to let its users have public talks in real time, which means that anyone can read them. In some ways, Zuckerberg’s app Threads is like Twitter because you can reply to other users’ comments and post pictures and videos.
What is Threads on Instagram for?
Threads’ makers say that the goal is for it to work like any other social network and use the same ways of talking to each other. So, Instagram wants users to be able to switch to the app without losing all their followers. So, if a creator on Threads gets a certain amount of followers, they could move to Instagram with them, or so the plan is so far.
What are Instagram Threads?
You can share links to Threads on Instagram, so if you shared a message on the new app, you could also add it as a post or to your Stories.
How to download Threads?
People who want to join the Threads network and keep up with this possible trend won’t be able to do so unless they have an Instagram account. Here are the steps you need to take to download the app, whether you have a device with an Apple or an Android operating system.
- Find the Instagram app Threads in the app store (App Store or Google Play Store) and download it.
- Once it’s on your computer, you can open it. By now, you should already have an Instagram account that you can use.
- When you open the app, a box with the words “Login with Instagram,” your Instagram username, and the logo of the well-known app will show at the bottom. Click it.
- You will see a window where you can make your resume. Your username will be kept by the platform automatically, and all you have to do is write a short description and, if you want, add a link to another social network or website. You can also import the original information from your Instagram page.
- The next step is to grow your network, where you can follow people on your contacts and friends list (or just skip them).
- The last step is to click the “Use Threads” button. Then, you can share what you think and help Zuckerberg fight against Twitter, which is run by Elon Musk.