Apple is getting ready for the release of its new iPhones by giving developers a new beta version of iOS 16 Beta. This means that we already know some of the first things about what this new operating system will do. And even though some of the features, no matter how small, look nice, one in particular has annoyed some users and is not likely to be in the final version. Here, you can find out what’s new.
What is iOS 16 Beta?
One of the first changes that people are talking about is that the iPhone 13 or iPhone 14 battery percentage number is coming back, and not everyone is happy about it. Some people may remember that Apple took away this option a few years ago to make room for the front-facing camera. This, of course, will let users know exactly how much battery life they have left without having to pull down the slider in Control Center. Maybe they thought that putting it all together would make the best batteries for the future.
Not everyone is happy about this, though. Victoria Song of The Verge said that it looks bad because the icon looks full even though you have less battery which would be shown as a number. This could be very confusing. But it’s possible that this is just a test and will be fixed in the future. On the other hand, some people say that this option might not make it into the final version, so we won’t know if it stays until the official operating system is released.
Help finding your phone
In the Find My or Find app, one of the new features is a new sound you can play when you are looking for your device. This one is much stronger and more unique, so your phone will be easier to find. This app keeps getting better, which makes it very useful in an emergency.
In the same way, this will be joined by the Apple Watch and its possible Pro version. When you press your iPhone to find it in the device control center, you will hear the new sound.
Changes with Music
Apple Music got a few small changes. The icons that show if a song has Dolby Atmos or is Lossless now show up below the artist in a less obvious place.
Another change is that the Apple Music visualizer can now be seen on the lock screen, and the app can now be seen in full screen with a better look.
Other small changes
Users have also noticed that the emergency call has changed. It is now called “Emergency SOS,” and it can be activated by holding down the side button or pressing it quickly. The police will be called automatically.
There are also small changes to how we take screenshots, which now let you copy an edited version and delete the original.
How to download the iOS 16 Beta
You must enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program in order to download the iOS 16 beta. Anyone with an Apple ID account can use this service, which is free, to test out software before it becomes available to the wider public.
Apple requests that you refrain from posting screenshots or videos of the iOS 16 beta on social media while you are using it. Because iOS 16 is still in development, you should be prepared to occasionally experience bugs or apps that break. When you install the beta, an additional app called Feedback will be downloaded to your iPhone. You can use this app to report bugs, request new features, or simply tell Apple what you think about iOS 16 in general.
To sign up for the iOS 16 beta
1. On the iPhone you want to install it on, go to the Apple Beta Software Program homepage. Select the blue “Sign Up” button.
2. After accepting Apple’s terms and conditions, you must sign in to your Apple ID account. Additionally, Apple advises backing up your iPhone’s data before installing any beta software because betas can contain bugs.
3. While still using your iPhone, navigate to the Beta Profile website once you have signed up and your data is secure. Click the blue Download profile button when you reach step two, Install profile, by scrolling down.
4. Select Allow when prompted if you want to download the profile. Depending on your internet speed, downloading the profile to your latest iPhone will take a little while.
5. Open the Settings app and hit Profile Downloaded towards the top when you receive the notification that it is finished. You’ll see a page that informs you that you’re about to utilize beta software.
6. Select Install from the top-right menu, type your passcode, and select Install once more.
7. Restart your iPhone after it has been installed.
8. Tap General and then Software Update in the Settings app after your iPhone has restarted. You’ll be given the option to download and install the iOS 16 Public Beta.
Which iPhones is iOS 16 Beta available on?
As iOS marches on, some iPhones always get left behind in the shuffle. To download and use iOS 16 — both the beta and official versions, you’ll need to own one of these iPhones:
- iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation and newer)
And although all of these phones can download iOS 16, not all of its features will be available on every model. You can check it out.
Apple Maps has more features in iOS 16 Beta
Even though it got off to a rough start, Apple Maps is slowly becoming a real competitor to Google Maps. Some of the new features in iOS 16 should help with this.
Maps makes it easier to take public transportation with iOS 16. In some cities, you’ll be able to add transit cards like MetroCard, CharlieCard, TAP, etc. to your Apple Wallet and use them in the Maps app. Maps will also show you how much it will cost you to take public transportation, no matter how you pay for it.
Maps can also help if you are taking a long trip by car. You can add up to 15 stops to a car trip with multi-stop routing, and you can use Siri to add stops while you’re on the road.
Apart from this, you can read more Entertainment and Tech articles here: Fastest VPN for Android, How to find diamonds in Minecraft, Star Wars Andor, SnapTik, Fastest VPN for PC, Russian Doll Season 3, Tomb Raider anime, Wpc 2023, How to connect AirPods to iPhone Wpc15, WPC16, How to Stream on Discord, How to connect AirPods to Chromebook, Metaverse, Audio Renderer Error, WOW51900319, Discord Spoiler Tags, Discord RTC connecting, Apex Legends Wallpaper, Twitter Followers, Discord no route, GC Invoker Utility, Galaxy watch 4, How to save GIF from Twitter, Masteranime, Yesbackpage, how to change Kik username, Discord Commands, How to mute Discord on OBS, How to connect Discord to Spotify, Family Man season 2, Happy Season 3, Netflix download limit, how to share Netflix account, MP3Clan, F95Zone, Wasted on Lol, WOW Item Restoration, Fallout 4 Anti Crash, how to delete PayPal account.