WhatsApp in July revealed that its customers would soon be able to move their entire communication history from Android to iOS and vice versa. During the Galaxy Unpacked celebration last year, this feature was initially disclosed. Before that, users of WhatsApp had to rely on third-party apps or risk losing their chat history when switching. This function was initially made accessible on the Meta-owned platform through a beta upgrade. Your WhatsApp call and payment history still cannot be transferred using this feature, unfortunately.
Through a tweet, WhatsApp made the new migration capability fully public. The business has highlighted how to move WhatsApp chat history from Android to iOS on its revised FAQ website. Before beginning the transfer, users should keep a few things in mind: their Android smartphone should be running Android 5 or higher, and their iPhone should have iOS 15.5 or higher loaded. Both of your devices should be logged in to the same Wi-Fi network because the transmission takes place wirelessly. Additionally, it is advised that you plug your phones into a power source while performing the migration.
WhatsApp disclosed that this new migration function will first be accessible for a limited number of Samsung smartphones at last year’s Galaxy Unpacked event. Later, as part of a beta upgrade, the capability was made accessible to a larger user population.
How to migrate from Android to iPhone
- Open the Move to iOS app on your Android phone, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- On your Android phone, enter the code that was displayed on your iPhone.
- Then, adhere to the instructions by tapping Continue.
- On the Transfer Data screen, pick WhatsApp.
- On your Android device, tap Start, and wait while WhatsApp prepares the data for export. Once the data is ready, you’ll be signed out of your Android phone.
- To get back to the Move to iOS app, tap Next.
- Tap Wait for Move to iOS to confirm that the data transfer is finished as you carry on transferring data from your Android phone to your iPhone.
- Download WhatsApp’s most recent version from the App Store.
- Use the same phone number you used to sign up for WhatsApp on your previous device.
- When prompted, select Start, and then wait for the procedure to finish.
After you finish the new device’s activation, you will be able to see your chats there.
Notably, until you make a backup, the transferred data won’t be uploaded to iCloud. Until you delete your smartphone or remove WhatsApp, the data will stay on your Android device.
Prior to transferring chat history, consider the following:
- Your Android smartphone must have Android OS Lollipop, SDK 21 or later, or Android 5 or later installed.
- Your iPhone must have iOS 15.5 or later loaded.
- Installed on your Android phone is the Move to iOS app.
- On your new handset, WhatsApp must be version 188.8.131.52 or higher.
- on your previous device, WhatsApp Android version 184.108.40.206 or higher
- On your new smartphone, dial the same phone number as you did on your previous one.
- For the Move to iOS app to connect with your iPhone and transfer data from your Android phone, your iPhone must be brand-new or reset to factory settings.
- You need to have a power supply connected to both of your devices.
- You’ll either need to connect your Android device to your iPhone’s hotspot or both of your devices must be linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
If you are interested, read more
Apart from this, you can read more Entertainment and Tech articles here: PCNOK, Holding Season 2, DI Ray Season 2, Popcat, How to Install iOS 16.1, World Cup Qatar 2022 Kit, Xiaomi 12T Pro Review, Partial Solar Eclipse 2022, Spider-Man: Miles Morales PC Release Date, Infinix Zero Ultra 5G, Streameast, Okjatt, Nobel Prize in Medicine 2022, MyShopify, Alexandra Daddario Best Series, Couchtuner, Openload, PS Plus October 2022 Games, OnePlus 10R Review, iOS 16 Update, Vivo X Fold+ Launch, Realme Buds Air 3 Neo, OnePlus 9R Review,
Call of Duty Warzone 2, Overwatch 2 Release Date, Asus Zenfone 9 Review, All American Season 5, Wcoforever, Billions Season 7, Xbox Elite Series 2 Release Date, OnePlus 9 Review, iPhone 14 Announcements, Dynasty Season 6, Amazon Prime Releases September 2022, Top 10 Brendan Fraser Movies, PS Plus September 2022 Free Games, 5Movies, Realme Watch 3 Review, Disney Plus September 2022 Schedule, Top eco-friendly gadgets.
F2Movies, Tinyzone, Artemis I Launch Halted, TweakDoor, Hisense Laser 4K PX1-Pro, Gramhir, Smihub, PS5, Darkverse, Tesla Price of Full Self Driving Beta, Subnautica, OPPO Reno7 Sunset Orange Review, How to Protect Yourself from Phone Scams, Around the world in 80 days, Gotham Season 7, How to add audio to google slides, Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives Season 2, Shameless Season 12, Data Recovery Software, Marvel Midnight Suns, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Tom Cruise as Grossman, iOS 16 Beta,
Fastest VPN for Android, How to find diamonds in Minecraft, Star Wars Andor, SnapTik, Fastest VPN for PC, Russian Doll Season 3, Tomb Raider anime, Wpc 2023, How to connect AirPods to iPhone Wpc15, WPC16, How to Stream on Discord, How to connect AirPods to Chromebook, Metaverse, Audio Renderer Error, WOW51900319, Discord Spoiler Tags, Discord RTC connecting, Apex Legends Wallpaper, Twitter Followers, Discord no route, GC Invoker Utility, Galaxy watch 4, How to save GIF from Twitter, Masteranime, Yesbackpage, how to change Kik username, Discord Commands, How to mute Discord on OBS, How to connect Discord to Spotify, Family Man season 2, Happy Season 3, Netflix download limit, how to share Netflix account, MP3Clan, F95Zone, Wasted on Lol, WOW Item Restoration, Fallout 4 Anti Crash, how to delete PayPal account.
Thanks for reading. Stay tuned!