No matter if you are a professional system administrator like me or just a Linux fanatic like everyone else, you should know how important it is to back up your data regularly. Data is the real engine of modern society, and companies must do everything they can to keep private information safe. Even the loss of personal information can be very bad for a person. Because of this, you must take important steps to keep your daily data safe and secure. For this task, Linux has a number of disk cloning functions. In Linux, disk cloning means copying the contents of one storage device to another storage device or a single image file. Because the open-source community is getting bigger and bigger,
Productive Disk Cloning Software
There are different ways to clone a Linux system. The best way to fix this problem is to clone hard drives or combine their contents into one image file. With the 15 disk cloning programs for Linux that follow, you can do it in any way you want.
Clonezilla might be the best software for Linux to copy a hard drive. It has a lot of strong disk cloning features to make sure your important data is safe in case your computer crashes. It is software for cloning disks that are run from the console. It has features that were taken from DRBL, Partimage, ntfsclone, and udpcast. There are two kinds of Clonezilla: Live and Server. Clonezilla Live lets you back up a single system and clone up to 40 systems at the same time.
Features of Clonezilla
- Users can save their hard disk drives (HDD) to local or external HDDs.
- Linux users can use Clonezilla to save only certain parts of their storage space.
- Being able to send images across a network makes companies more productive and lets them use Clonezilla for mass cloning.
- Clonezilla can work with many different file systems, such as ext2, ext3, ReiserFS, xfs, JFS, FAT, and NTFS.
- This hard disk cloning software is made available under the GNU GPL license, which means that anyone can use it and change it for free.
GParted is a full Linux partition manager that lets users make, delete, resize, move, verify, and copy Linux partitions and file systems. It lets you make space so you can quickly install new operating systems, and its disk cloning features make it easy to back up and restore your important data. GParted also makes it easier to make disk images than most modern disk cloning software for Linux.
Recursos do GParted
- Because GParted is so useful, most Linux distributions that are still being used include it.
- It works with a wide range of file systems, such as btrfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, FAT, HFS, HFS+, JFS, Linux-swap, NTFS, UFS, and XFS, among others.
- GParted can be used on Linux to copy a USB flash drive or memory card.
- GParted has built-in support for RAID and can try to save data even if a partition is damaged.
- It comes with a flexible GNU GPL license that lets disk cloning software for Linux be changed.
3. World Rescue
Mondo Rescue is advertised as a reliable disaster recovery solution with powerful disk cloning features that only work with the best disk cloning software for Linux systems. It has been shown to back up servers and workstations as well as other types of systems. So, system administrators can use it to get back lost data or make copies of their systems. Linux and BSD users can also change the shape of their disks with Mondo Rescue, including switching from not-RAID to RAID.
Features of Mondo Rescue
- Mondo Rescue is based on a terminal and doesn’t have a graphical user interface (GUI). This is a plus for many people, but not for others.
- This free and lightweight hard disk cloning software is written in C, which makes it very fast.
- Mindi is a customized Linux distribution that Mondo Rescue uses to get your lost data back in a good way.
- It can copy data that is already on tape, CD-R, CD-RW, NFS, or a hard disk partition.
- Mondo Rescue comes with built-in support for LVM, RAID, ext2, ext3, JFS, XFS, ReiserFS, VFAT, and many other file systems.
By default, most Linux or BSD distributions will not let you use this powerful disk cloning software. dd was originally made to copy and convert large amounts of data to or from hard disk drives. It has been used for a long time to back up systems and clone whole storage spaces. But you should never forget that “Great power comes with great responsibility.” So use dd as you see fit, and check the man page to learn how to clone your disk drives.
- dd has a simple console-based user interface and is very light because of this.
- With dd, it’s easier for users to mount their backup disk drives than with most other Linux disk cloning software.
- dd lets you make copies of your hard drives on portable hard drives or SSDs.
- dd is the tool that everyone uses to burn new Live USB or CD/DVD distributions from their ISO images.
- This free hard disk cloning software runs on its own and can be used with no problems on Live systems.
When system administrators or data architects argue about what the best disk cloning software for Linux is, FOG is a name that comes up a lot. This powerful open-source software for cloning is made to copy or restore whole systems across networks. It has some of the best features for cloning disks for businesses, and many businesses use it as their only disk cloning management software. We like how easy it is to use and how useful it is to be able to copy disks.
Features of FOG
- FOG works better than most, if not all, modern Linux disk cloning software when it is running on dedicated servers.
- FOG can keep track of which accounts were used to access the computer at any given time. This makes the computer safer.
- This free disk cloning software can look for bad sectors on hard disk drives and fix them.
- With snap-ins, users can install apps on their cloned systems from afar.
- FOG has a lot of strong disk restoration features in case you delete something by accident or mess up your data.
G4L is a disk cloning program for Linux that looks good and works well. It has a lot of important disk cloning features. It might be one of the lightest disk cloning binaries we could find, and we can thank the developers for putting so much power into such a small core. G4L is built on Ncurses, and it can make images for any file system or operating system.
Features of the G4L
- The G4L doesn’t have an X11 graphical user interface, so it can run well even on older Linux machines.
- You can copy your hard drives to other hard drives on your computer or to portable hard drives that are outside of your computer.
- G4L can be used to make images of a system’s hard drive that can then be sent to another system using the FTP network protocol.
- This free disk cloning software uses a bit-by-bit cloning engine and can back up both the MBR and EBR.
7. PING – Partimage is not Ghosted
Based on Partimage, another popular tool for cloning Linux systems, PING is powerful and flexible Linux disk cloning software. It can copy whole hard drives as a backup of your system to a local storage drive or to external storage like hard disk drives or SSDs. PING also has a ready-to-use toolkit that can be used to recover system data if you delete data by accident or if your hard disk fails.
Features of PING
- PING is a live Linux distribution that is based on LFS and uses Partimage in the background.
- Users can put this disk cloning software on remote installation (PXE/RIS) servers for effective backup management.
- By default, PING works with a long list of file systems, such as ext2, ext3, ext4, HFS, HFS+, FAT, and NTFS.
- It can be used to make CD or DVD images of parts of a disc.
- The software is open source, which means that anyone can change it without going through any legal steps.
FSArchiver is one of the best disk cloning programs for Linux. It makes backing up or restoring your Linux machines very easy. This lets you make good disk images of your file system partitions. FSArchiver works with many different file systems right out of the box and can be used by system administrators who want consistent Linux disk cloning software. If you want cloning solutions that are both reliable and flexible, you should try FSArchiver.
- It works with most modern Linux file systems, like ext2, ext3, reiser4, btrfs, and ext4. It also works with the Windows NTFS file system, but only in an experimental way.
- Multi-core compression is already built into FSArchiver, which lets system administrators make the most of their storage space.
- It doesn’t have a graphical user interface, so it can be used with old systems.
- This Linux disk cloning software has an open-source GNU GPL license that lets developers change the software in any way they want.
9. Redo backup
Redo Backup is Linux disk cloning software that is easy to use and gives users a lot of benefits. It makes it easy for new users to back up their systems quickly. This powerful software is sold as a disaster recovery solution, and it has a lot of features that make it better than other disk cloning programs. If you are new to Linux systems and find most console-based disk cloning software for Linux confusing, you might want to give Redo Backup a try.
Redo Backup features
- The software doesn’t need to be installed because it can be used right away from a Live system like a CD or USB.
- The user interface is great for people who are just starting out and makes it easy to get around.
- You can also use Redo Backup to recover deleted files like old photos or videos.
- With a GNU GPL license, this free disk cloning software is free to use and change.
Partclone is a powerful Linux disk cloning program that is easy to use and has powerful disk cloning features for regular Linux users. It has a lot of powerful disk cloning features that let you back up your hard drives and quickly restore them if something goes wrong. The software was made in Taiwan, and since then, open-source developers and fans from all over the world have loved it.
- Partclone works with almost all file systems, including ext2, ext3, ext4, ReiserFS, reiser4, btrfs, xfs, JFS, NTFS, FAT, and exFAT.
- It can make copies of local disk partitions, local or external hard disk drives, and images.
- Partclone has built-in support for piping, CRC32, raw cloning, and rescue tools like dd.
- It sits on top of a Ncurses text interface and works very well with older Linux systems because of this.
- This free hard disk cloning software is open source, which means that anyone can change it without asking for permission.
If you are interested, read more
Apart from this, you can read more Entertainment and Tech articles here: Galaxy Buds 2 Pro Review, Battlefield 2042 Season 3, Star Wars: The Acolyte Cast, Best Tools for Digital Nomads, PCNOK, Holding Season 2, DI Ray Season 2, Popcat, How to Install iOS 16.1, World Cup Qatar 2022 Kit, Xiaomi 12T Pro Review, Partial Solar Eclipse 2022, Spider-Man: Miles Morales PC Release Date, Infinix Zero Ultra 5G, Streameast, Okjatt, Nobel Prize in Medicine 2022, MyShopify, Alexandra Daddario Best Series, Couchtuner, Openload, PS Plus October 2022 Games, OnePlus 10R Review, iOS 16 Update, Vivo X Fold+ Launch, Realme Buds Air 3 Neo, OnePlus 9R Review,
Call of Duty Warzone 2, Overwatch 2 Release Date, Asus Zenfone 9 Review, All American Season 5, Wcoforever, Billions Season 7, Xbox Elite Series 2 Release Date, OnePlus 9 Review, iPhone 14 Announcements, Dynasty Season 6, Amazon Prime Releases September 2022, Top 10 Brendan Fraser Movies, PS Plus September 2022 Free Games, 5Movies, Realme Watch 3 Review, Disney Plus September 2022 Schedule, Top eco-friendly gadgets.
F2Movies, Tinyzone, Artemis I Launch Halted, TweakDoor, Hisense Laser 4K PX1-Pro, Gramhir, Smihub, PS5, Darkverse, Tesla Price of Full Self Driving Beta, Subnautica, OPPO Reno7 Sunset Orange Review, How to Protect Yourself from Phone Scams, Around the world in 80 days, Gotham Season 7, How to add audio to google slides, Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives Season 2, Shameless Season 12, Data Recovery Software, Marvel Midnight Suns, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Tom Cruise as Grossman, iOS 16 Beta,
Fastest VPN for Android, How to find diamonds in Minecraft, Star Wars Andor, SnapTik, Fastest VPN for PC, Russian Doll Season 3, Tomb Raider anime, Wpc 2023, How to connect AirPods to iPhone Wpc15, WPC16, How to Stream on Discord, How to connect AirPods to Chromebook, Metaverse, Audio Renderer Error, WOW51900319, Discord Spoiler Tags, Discord RTC connecting, Apex Legends Wallpaper, Twitter Followers, Discord no route, GC Invoker Utility, Galaxy watch 4, How to save GIF from Twitter, Masteranime, Yesbackpage, how to change Kik username, Discord Commands, How to mute Discord on OBS, How to connect Discord to Spotify, Family Man season 2, Happy Season 3, Netflix download limit, how to share Netflix account, MP3Clan, F95Zone, Wasted on Lol, WOW Item Restoration, Fallout 4 Anti Crash, how to delete PayPal account.
Thanks for reading.